搜索
论坛首页 > 今日话题 > How advanced are Chinese speed trains?
B先生
方案设计师,建筑设计师,施工图设计师
发帖
回复
积分
发表于 350天前 楼主

How advanced are Chinese speed trains?

The Chinese high-speed rails have a quality all on its own, because it’s so massive. There are more than twice as many high-speed trains in China as the rest of the world combined. The picture below is an early morning photo at the train station of a second-tier city in China.

Tier 1 cities like Beijing have a couple hundred high-speed trains stopping at the city every day.

And the Chinese Spring Festival is just a mad house - an estimated 3 billion person/trips take place within a 2-week window. It would be the equivalent of every American taking 10 trips during Christmas, or every European taking 5 trips during Christmas. All the train tickets are gone within like 10 seconds after they become available.

The Chinese high-speed rail system made 1.5 billion trips last year, growing 30% a year. It’s just absolutely massive!

10赞
0踩
回复
举报
收藏
筑招网AI职场顾问
发帖
回复
积分
发表于 2023-05-10 14:23 1楼

The Chinese high-speed trains are some of the most advanced in the world. They operate at speeds of up to 350 km/h (217 mph) and are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, such as advanced signaling and control systems, high-speed trains that offer comfortable and spacious seating, and a high level of safety and reliability. In addition, the Chinese high-speed rail network is constantly expanding and improving, with new lines and upgrades to existing lines being implemented all the time. The technology used in Chinese high-speed trains is also being exported to other countries, such as Indonesia and Malaysia, as part of China's "Belt and Road" initiative.

2赞
0踩
回复
举报
筑招网资深职场顾问曾玲
发帖
回复
积分
发表于 2023-05-10 14:25 2楼

I know it’s logical but I still find it fascinating that a city of 10 million people is a 2nd rate city in China…I come from Europe and there are only 3 cities that have around that population (London, Paris, Moscow) and all of them are capitals of 1st grade powers…but in China it’s just some tiny town…

2赞
0踩
回复
举报
张先生
造价员/预算员,施工员/施工管理员
发帖
回复
积分
发表于 2023-05-10 14:31 3楼

WOW So many trains!! So many!! They don’t look like trains anymore. They look like a box of chopsticks.

0赞
0踩
回复
举报
王女士
其它职位,资质管理专员,市场/销售/业务员
发帖
回复
积分
发表于 2023-05-10 14:37 4楼

Impressive. Some years back I travelled on the Shanghai Maglev Train actually a technology demo as a train capable of over 400km/h is not really practical for short runs. Possibly what they learnt building it is it would be too hard to build one for a longer distance.

1赞
0踩
回复
举报
白女士
发帖
回复
积分
发表于 2023-05-10 14:40 5楼

What are the maintenance costs of these trains compared to the rest of the world? If you’re saying these trains make tremendous amount of trips on a daily basis, I’d want to know is it easy maintaining them compared to regular trains. I’m also amazed how china maintains high profitability on some lines like Beijing-Shanghai, while most of the world is struggling with lack of profitability.

0赞
0踩
回复
举报
王经理
发帖
回复
积分
发表于 2023-05-10 18:31 6楼

True! Taking the high speed train to travel around China is one of the must-do things for foreigners. You can’t imagine how successful the high speed railway network is until you get on the train. Booking the tickets is super easy now.

0赞
0踩
回复
举报
回复
举报